Friday, August 18, 2017

I Already Died

I ALREADY DIED
The psychic asked me
What was it that enchanted you so
I said the silver of her voice
The cyan in her eyes
Her skin of alabaster
But especially the glow
That made her different
From everything I know
No regret
I’m still astonished how we met again
As random as roulette
I cannot forget
That moment in December
When the mention of a word made us remember
I hear them whisper
They think I’ve changed
I’m alive but I already died From a broken heart
New Year’s day
Lost entirely for words to say
You said for both of us
I know we’ll be in touch
Opening the door to
The possibility of me with you
I never saw
March would bring a reason to withdraw
That frozen February
Was warmer than this spring
When life is solitary
And your absence is the by far the coldest thing
Out of the blue I conjure up the thought of you
I hear the silver of your voice
See the cyan in your eyes
Kiss your skin of alabaster
Feel the pain of never knowing what comes after
I hear them whisper
They think I’ve changed
I’m alive but I already died
From a broken heart