Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Open Mic at Swifty's Delmar NY

I had a free Tuesday night, so I impulsively went to a local pub for Open Mic two weeks ago tonight.  I played three songs, "What I've Got To Offer Is The One Thing You Don't Want," "Princesse Tristesse," and "Who's Afraid of Sasha Grey."  There was a massive crowd there, and it seemed everyone was talking through my entire set, I don't know if they listened to any of what I played.  But I got a huge amount of applause at the end.  Maybe they were just happy I stopped.  Anyway, it was something I always wanted to do so, a small personal advancement.  It's important to make a note of these "little" moments, because you have to give yourself credit for achieving goals that look like absolutely nothing on the outside, but feel enormous on the inside.